Coconut charcoal or activated charcoal, technically termed as activated carbon is a product obtained by burning the shells of fully matured coconuts. The global demand for coconut charcoal remains undiminished...
Till recently, the numerous health benefits of young coconuts were not known to many people. Now, the whole world is going gaga over the multiple benefits of consuming young coconut water and meat.
Young coconut water is highly nutritious unlike the water that you get from mature coconuts. Water from young coconuts is crystal clear and is packed with vitamins and minerals. There is usually more water in a young or tender coconut when compared to a mature coconut. This is because water is restored as white coconut meat as the coconut matures. Here are some of the little known facts about young coconuts.
• Coconuts are plucked from the trees when they are still young and green, and the green husk is separated and the coconuts are given plastic covering to keep the moisture.
• Consume water from a young coconut soon after it being exposed to air to get all its nutrients.
• One young coconut contains 11 ounces of water.
• Young coconut water is low in calories and fat but rich in vitamins, minerals and other nutrients.
• Some of the main nutrients in young coconut water are Chloride, and Iron. It also contains vital electrolytes like Potassium, Sodium, Phosphorous, Calcium and Magnesium.
• The potassium content in a young coconut is double that of a banana.
• Young coconut can act against viruses and bacteria. It also has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, and can cure diseases.
• You can bring down you blood sugar, blood pressure and even cholesterol by drinking young coconut water daily.
• Consume young coconut water to increase your metabolism.
• Young coconut water is given to patients suffering from heartburn, constipation, intestinal worms, cholera, faulty kidneys, dry and scratchy skin, age spots, and wrinkles.
• Young coconut water will arrest ageing. This is because it has cytokinins and lauric acid, which can diminish the aging of skin cells, by keeping the tissues strong and hydrated.
• Young coconut water can cure pimples, stretch marks, cellulite, and eczema.
• Young coconut water is an amazing energy drink, and can be consumed after a workout or any strenuous activity for an instant energy boost.
• Consuming young coconut water will help you maintain good cardiovascular health.
• Young coconut water helps to control inner fluids, and refill and rehydrate the body.
• Young coconut water is a natural electrolyte and helps to increase the body’s metabolism, and is therefore great for people struggling with weight issues.